Saturday, January 18, 2014

Modern art

This week I finally realized that I am in school. Oddly enough, this doesn't bother me. I really enjoy being in classes that all have the same end goal.

But anyway, that's probably enough about that. On Friday morning some of us went to an art exhibit for our art history class, where I realized the extent of my hatred of (some) modern art. I get the concept, I really do, but if being a modern artist just involves putting random objects on top of other random objects and claiming that it represents some profound aspect of human nature I could be the next freaking Picasso.

After seeing the exhibit that was done by a professional, we got to check out some art done by second year students. A lot of the pieces were actually very interesting and required a lot of technical skill. And then others.. well..

Displaying the extent of our 21 year old maturity.

=
A piece entitled: "Found this on my way to school"*


*Credit: Carson Mckee. 

But really, a lot of it was very good and fun to look at. 

Later that day we went to the park near my house. It was a beautiful day and a good time was had by all, except for Sean, who stupidly challenged me to a wall sit-off (the exercise, not just sitting on top of a wall) and proceeded to lose in a big way. 

Us looking cute. Sean looking caught off-guard.

Later on, we had another successful night out that closed with Stephanie and I getting nutella covered waffles and hiding in the shadows so that no one would ask for a bite. I can not imagine a better end to a Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment